- All one-time rentals must be approved by the Office Administrator. Ongoing arrangements for repeating events must be approved by the Congregational Council.
- A Rental Agreement Form must be completed and returned to the church office either in person, by fax, or by email prior to final approval of booking. A $50 security deposit is also required at that time. The deposit will be held until after inspection of the premises following the event.
- If a custodian is needed for setup or cleanup, a $75 custodial fee will be applied at booking. Renters may elect to setup and cleanup for themselves to avoid the fee, but the facility must be returned to its original state after the event has ended. All items including food, utensils, and paper products must be removed after the event, and all trash must be taken to the dumpster on the lower lot. Trash receptacles and bags can be provided free of charge.
- A small kitchen is available for use when renting The Upper Room or Christ King Lounge. If kitchen use is desired, the $75 custodial fee is mandatory. All renters using the kitchen must provide their own supplies (except trash bags).
- Damages to the rented facility will result in forfeiture of deposit. The renter will be responsible for any damages exceeding the amount of the deposit, including damages occurring during use, as well as damages or loss resulting from actions deemed negligent by the rentee (such as failure to properly secure the building after use).
- Members of Zion Lutheran Church, staff employed by Zion, and staff employed by the Child Development Center may rent the facilities for personal use at no charge, but are expected to pay applicable custodial and security fees. For larger events, a donation to cover utilities is appreciated.
- Members of Zion Lutheran Church, staff employed by Zion, and staff employed by the Child Development Center may rent the facilities for non-church business purposes for half the listed rate, but are expected to pay applicable custodial and security fees.
Facility Use Guidelines
- No rentals will be scheduled during the time church services or events are held.
- The Office Administrator and Congregational Council reserve the right to refuse rental if planned activities are not deemed consistent with responsible conduct.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the premises except for the explicit purpose of toasting with wine or champagne.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Sanctuary.
- All indoor facilities are smoke-free.
- The handicap-accessible elevator may only be used for guests with mobility problems. No unaccompanied children may make use of the elevator.